To Apply: Send letter of interest and resume to:
Janis Redfield Human Resources Manager
Hunt Utilities Group
2331 Dancing Wind Rd SW
Pine River, MN 56474
1) Full Time Paid Summer Internship (May-August/September); Flexible start/end dates.
Make a difference in the lives of others—help address food insecurity and develop local food systems by working with Happy Dancing Turtle (HDT) & The Pine River- Backus/ Remer Family Center as a full time summer intern.
Responsibilities to the Family Center will include:
- Manage food shelf community garden plots from May through August.
- Develop and manage a volunteer program to provide labor and other resources for food shelf garden plots.
- With guidance from HDT and Family Center staff, develop long term management plan
- for food shelf garden plots including, crop rotations, soil testing, amendment guidelines
- and assessment/ recommendations for basic needs such as annual budget and labor.
Responsibilities to HDT will include:
- Assist HDT garden crew with harvest, packing and delivery of weekly CSA shares.
- Manage Pine River-Backus(PRB) school community garden plots.
- Conduct hands-on gardening education workshops for WH PRB families and the community at large. Use community garden plots as a classroom and work site with support from HDT staff.
- Write informative weekly newsletters for CSA recipients with relevant details of that week’s produce and recipes.
- Provide support to SNAP-Ed educator on U-MN Extension educational offerings where requested.